Sky Lanterns are an amazing sight floating in the sky and add a magical feel to any celebration. Sky Lanterns often called wish lanterns, are basically small, hot-air balloons. They have a small fuel source in the middle that, once lit, will lift the lantern slowly into the sky with a soft glow. To achieve the best effect, at least 10-20 should be used at one time (the more, the better). Sky Lanterns are a fantastic wedding sparkler alternative, if your wedding venue does not allow sparklers!
– 4 Sky Lanterns
– 100% Biodegradable
– Lantern Size: 15” x 22–5/8” x 40–1/2”, when fully inflated
– Lantern color: PURPLE
Sky lanterns have been a popular in various Asian ceremonies for thousands of years. Recently they have become very popular in the west due to their depictions in movies such as Tangled and Hangover 2. Sky Lanterns are the next big thing for night wedding celebrations, birthday parties and luminosity remembrance events. These lanterns are sure to be a huge hit and will have guests talking about them for years to come. These lanterns will lift away and be visible for quite a while. They are basically miniature hot air balloons!
How high do they go, and for how long?
The fuel source in each sky lantern will burn for approximately 8-10 minutes. When used in ideal weather conditions, sky lanterns will easily reach heights of over 1000 feet (typically between 700 and 1600 feet). They can make it between 2 and 5 miles from the original launch site before extinguishing and harmlessly floating back to earth to biodegrade. It is important to note that weather, location, and environmental variables affect the course of sky lanterns, so each flight will vary.
1) Check the direction of the wind before lighting to ensure no obstacles
2) Ensure the lantern is fully extended and not creased or hanging sideways. (This is best done by holding the top of the lantern, gently lifting it a couple of feet, then dropping it sharply)
3) Air pressure will inflate the lantern
4) Hold the lantern upright, and have an assistant light the wick. After a few seconds the lantern will feel lighter, and then gradually rise.
5) Do not attempt to throw it up into the air – just guide it and let it go by itself. Then stand back and enjoy!
Instructions for Use: We want to promote the safe use of Sky Lanterns and help you to enjoy using your Sky Lanterns. Please read the 10 point check and these safety instructions thoroughly before you begin using your Sky Lanterns. When taking into consideration these stated guidelines and following these safety instructions, Sky Lanterns are perfectly safe and a truly beautiful sight when released.
10 point Safety Check before Launching Sky Lanterns:
– Ensure that the wind is very light – 7 miles per hour or below is suitable for launching Sky Lanterns of all sizes.
– Only launch Sky Lanterns in a large clear space away from trees, powerlines and buildings. Do not use Sky Lanterns within 5 miles of an airport.
– If there is a slight breeze, ensure that when launched, your sky lanterns do not fly towards buildings, trees, airports, roads or any area they may pose a danger.
– Ensure that all spectators stand upwind of the people launching the Sky Lanterns.
– It is advisable to have a bucket of water or some sand close by in case of emergency.
– Sky Lanterns are not a toy. Sky Lanterns should only be launched by a responsible Adult.
– Do not use during prolonged periods of dry weather.
– Do not launch torn or damaged Sky Lanterns.
– Do not Launch Sky Lanterns if the glow could be misinterpreted as a distress signal.
Read all safety instructions carefully before launching Sky Lanterns.
Sky lantern once self–extinguished floats gently to the ground and is 100% biodegradable