– Can I fill the LumaBase with sand?
Sure! Filling the LumaBase with sand provides the necessary weight and can remain in the base for use year after year.
– Will the LumaBase burn?
No! There is an additive to the plastic to make it non-flammable. However, it will melt in direct flame.
– Will the LumaBase break if the water inside freezes?
The LumaBase is made of the same material as a plastic milk carton. Freezing may bulge the LumaBase, but should not affect the use. Leave a little air in the LumaBase for expansion during freezing.
– How close should I place the Luminaria’s to one another?
It can vary. We suggest using the lines on sidewalks as a guide, 1 – 2 feet along your walkway, and 4 – 5 feet around your pool.
– Can I store the used LumaBase with water inside?
Yes! We suggest that you add a drop of dish detergent to each to avoid water discoloration.
– Can I use other candles in the LumaBase?
Yes! The LumaBase is designed to accept three different size candles.
– Can I use votive candles in the LumaBase?
No! Avoid soft, low temperature burning waxed candles. The wax melts very quickly and runs off before burning.
– Are the bags flammable?
Yes, some of them! They are made of paper. Our “Flame Resistant” Bags will extinguish the flame, but can burn under direct flame. We also offer standard paper bags.
– What size are your PAPER bags?
Our paper bags are a number 6. The dimensions are: 6″W x 3-1/2″ D x 11″H
– Do the LumaSleeves inserts slide down inside or outside of the bag?
The LumaSleeves slide down INSIDE the bag.
– What is the spacing between bulbs on your electric kit cord?
From bulb to bulb, the spacing is 36″. The total length of the cord is 30′.
– Can I used a real candle in your plastic luminarias?
The Plastic Lanterns and Plastic Luminaria Bags are not designed to accommodate a real candle flame. We suggest using an LED light in both or the electric cord with the Plastic Lanterns.